SPRING OPEN CALL MARCH/APRIL 2021
ARTIST RESIDENCY, KYPSELI PRINT STUDIO
10 Sporadon, Kypseli, Athens, Greece
KPS is a fully equipped screen printing studio in a central district of Athens and would like to invite applications from artists who have experience with silk screen printing to work in the space for one or two months in March and April.
The residency fee is 380 Euros per month, which gives you access to a large silk screen workshop and a studio space on the mezzanine. Accommodation is not provided but KPS is happy to draw upon its local network to help you find somewhere to stay. You will potentially be sharing the space with another resident and local artists who are members. You are encouraged to host an open studio event at the end of your stay.
To apply please fill in the application form and send your CV along with a portfolio of up to 5 images that reflect the nature of the work you would like to make here. Include any links to online material: website, Instagram etc.
There are two rounds to the application process. Successful artists in round one will be asked to attend a Skype interview to discuss their application some more.
Deadline: Monday 25th January 2021, midnight (GMT + 2)
Send all material to Eleanor Lines - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
• Natgraph screenprinting table (230x200cm / vacuum area 158x107cm)
(Note – due to technical damage, only half of this table area is suitable for printing at this given time).
• Smaller screen printing table with vacuum, print area, 50 x 70cm.
• Large exposure unit (210 x 190cm)
• Exposing light Metal Halide 1600 Watt
• Various sized screens & squeegees (43T, 90T and 120T)
• Washing unit, with appropriate chemicals + cleaning brushes
• Palette knives for colour mixing
• Drying rack for prints
• Plan chest drawers for storing work, 100 x 70 cm, 96 x 58 cm and 47 x 58cm
• You will be provided with a pot of photographic emulsion (1 kilo) and all the cleaning materials, but you must provide other consumables such as inks, tape and paper. There are leftover inks you can use and lots of scrap sheets of paper for experimentation and a drawer with lots of useful stationery. We only work with water based inks in the studio.