OPEN CALL 2024
SCREEN PRINTING RESIDENCY
Details to be confirmed soon! If you are interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com and we will let you know when the residency schedule for 2024 is announced. Below is a link to the application form so you can take a look at what you will need to put together in order to apply.
ARTIST RESIDENCY, KYPSELI PRINT STUDIO
10 Sporadon, Kypseli, Athens, 11361, Greece
KPS is a fully equipped screen printing studio in a central district of Athens and would like to invite applications from artists who have experience with silk screen printing to work in the space for one or two months in 2024. KPS is interested in working with artists who wish to develop their practice, and who would benefit from the stimulus of being in new surroundings and have uninterrupted access to a workshop to enable experimentation.
The residency gives you access to a large silk screen workshop and a personal studio space on the mezzanine. Accommodation is not provided as part of the residency so successful applicants are required to secure this themselves. KPS is happy to draw upon its local network where possible to help you find somewhere to stay and give tips and guidance. KPS is looking to host one to three resident artists at a time. A full workshop induction is provided at the beginning of the residency. Group meetings are held at intervals to discuss work, ideas and development. You are encouraged to host an open studio event at the end of your stay. KPS will offer promotional assistance via its social media platform, connecting you to the local Athenian art scene.
To apply please fill in the application form which will ask you to upload your CV along with a portfolio of 5 images that reflect the nature of the work you would like to make here.
There are two rounds to the application process. Successful artists in round one will be asked to attend a Zoom interview to discuss their project proposal.
Successful applicants will be notified within one week of the application deadline.
When you have uploaded your application form, please send an email to Eleanor Lines - firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
Successful applicants will be chosen on the basis of their body of work, CV and project proposal.
Upon acceptance of the residency, the artist will be required to pay 50% of the fee to secure their place at KPS.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or if you have any difficulties with the online application form.
• Natgraph screenprinting table (230x200cm / vacuum area 158x107cm)
• Smaller screen printing table with vacuum, print area, 50 x 70cm.
• Large exposure unit (210 x 190cm)
• Exposing light Metal Halide 1600 Watt
• Various sized screens & squeegees (43T, 62T, 77T, 90T and 120T)
• Washing unit, with appropriate chemicals + cleaning brushes
• Palette knives for colour mixing
• Drying rack for print
• Plan chest drawers for storing work, 100 x 70 cm, 96 x 58 cm and 47 x 58cm
• You will be provided with a pot of photographic emulsion (up to 1 kilo per month), 20 sheets of newsprint paper, 1 roll of 3M brown tape, 500ml system 3 medium, and all the cleaning materials, but you must provide other consumables such as acrylic paint, masking tape, paper, brown tape & screen printing medium (once those supplied have run out). There are leftover inks at the studio you can use and lots of scrap sheets of paper for experimentation and a drawer with lots of useful stationery. We only work with water based inks in the studio.