ARTIST RESIDENCY, KYPSELI PRINT STUDIO
10 Sporadon, Kypseli, Athens, Greece
KPS is a fully equipped screen printing studio in a central district of Athens and we would like to invite applications from artists who have experience with silk screen printing to work in the space for one month.
The residency fee is 280 Euros per month which gives you 24 hour access to a large silk screen workshop + a studio space on the mezzanine. Accommodation is not provided but KPS is happy to draw upon its local network to help you find somewhere to stay. You will potentially be sharing the studio with another resident and local artists who are members. You are encouraged to host an open studio event at the end of your stay.
To apply please fill in the application form and send your CV along with a portfolio of up to 5 images that reflect the nature of the work you would like to make here. Include any links to online material: website, instagram etc. KPS encourages applications of a research-based and experimental nature, whether this is an extension of your current practice or a response to the city of Athens itself.
DEADLINE: 31st January for Spring 2020. Applications for later in the year are on a rolling basis. Currently we are looking for artists in March, April, May and June.
Send all material to Eleanor Lines - email@example.com
• Natgraph screenprinting table (230x200cm / vacuum area 158x107cm)
(Note – due to technical damage, only half of this table area is suitable for printing at this given time).
• Smaller screen printing table with vacuum, print area, 50 x 70cm.
• Large exposure unit (210 x 190cm)
• Exposing light Metal Halide 1600 Watt
• Various sized screens & squeegees (43T, 90T and 120T)
• Washing unit, with appropriate chemicals + cleaning brushes
• Palette knives for colour mixing
• Drying rack for prints
• Plan chest drawers for storing work, 96 x 58 cm and 47 x 58cm
• You will be provided with a pot of photographic emulsion (1 kilo) and all the cleaning materials, but you must provide other consumables such as inks, tape and paper. We only work with water-based inks in the studio.